Friday, October 16, 2009

Non-School Days

So, on non-school days, our agenda at home is a little free for all. This past week it has been my mission to declutter all my shelves and my house. If you have never been in my house. The shelves were stacked full of junk. So, I bought a book shelf for our room. I put all my books and all of our dvds on the book shelf along with some pictures that were just being stored. By doing this, it cleaned up the top shelf above the computer. It was packed with books and cds. The bottom shelf was packed with papers. So, I got a box and put the papers in there until I can get a file cabinet. And then more decluttering will happen. The boxes are being stored in my closet. So, I think that all my decluttering this week and really made our home look nice and homey. I know this is very interesting, but I am so proud of myself and pleased with how it is turning out.Notice the wedding pictures of Rick and I...they have been stored under our bed since we moved in about 4 years ago. Plus, I changed all the pictures in my frames to the ones we had taken over a year ago. Don't worry we are getting new ones taken next Sunday, so more changing going on.

So, what do the boys do while I am doing all this. Some days they dont even get out of their jammies. Hey, if we arent leaving the house, then what is the problem. Plus, it makes for less laundry for me. In the first picture, the boys got out all the coloring books and crayons and had a blast coloring and watching cartoons. Dallon decided to plaster stickers all over his body. It was funny. Then Toddy caught on and he had stickers too. In the next few pictures, Toddy decided to be bucket heads. So, him and Dallon wore buckets for awhile. Todd doesnt usually put his on so he can see. Therefore, he walks really slow and runs into things. Kinda funny.



All the constant whether school or not is to have a combine derby. This is done with little tractors and only one child or with a rocking horse and a tractor car to ride. This includes both boys and usually a fight. But hey, they are boys and I just have to smile and tell them to be careful. Hopefully, the derby will end soon.
So, there is a little look into what we do on our free days.










No comments: