Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Recipe for Aunt Sally

Here you go Aunt Sally oh and any one else that wants it:

Banana Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas....I usually do about 4 bigger bananas
1/2 mini chocolate chips (optional, but very recommended)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a seperate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir flour mixture in. Stir just to moisten. Then, hand stir in the chocolate chips. pour batter into loaf pan.

Bake in oven for 60 to 65 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire rack.

Hope everyone enjoys!!!

2 comments:

Sugarcoma said...

Yum. I love banana bread with chocolate chips...and I just happen to have bananas and choc. chips that need to be used. Thanks for the recipe.

The Altman Family said...

YUMMO my favorite!