Thursday, September 10, 2009
Future Plans
About a month ago, Rick decided he wanted to go back to school for process technology. With this degree, he would have better job opportunities. This would be wonderful for us. But, the downfall to him going back to school is that the school is in Alaska. The school offers classes for people who work on the slope. They go to school during their weeks off and still continue on their schedule. This means Rick would go to work for 2 weeks and then come home for 2 weeks and do his schooling. But, the school is in Alaska. Therefore, we will be moving to Alaska next summer. We will live there the 2 years that he is in school and then move back to Idaho. The town that we will be moving to is Soldotna. Rick has checked it all out and says that he thinks I will be happy there. I am mailing off his application for school this week, so when he gets approved, the final planning will begin. We have told most of our family about this. Not all of them are happy (especially Aunt Sam), but we encourage everyone to save money and get plane tickets to come visit. The more people that come visit, the faster it will go. Since the word is out, I thought it was time to post to the blog and let everyone know our plans. Please pray that everything goes the way we plan and Rick gets accepted to the college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sniff, sniff, sniff...Riley's already planning a hunting trip:)
Two years will go by fast and what a great opportunity for Rick. You are a great wife in encouraging and supporting him. We will miss you guys but will always have FB and blogs to keep up.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't believe the word is out! NOW I guess you really 'think' you're going.
You guys will definitely be in our prayers. In fact you are soo much in my thoughts that I dreamed Dana & I moved to Alaska too! Ha ha ha! It will be hard to have you guys away, but it is for a wonderful opportunity!
Post a Comment