Sunday, January 6, 2008
Details about the Day of Delivery
So, most of you probably know that I was scheduled for a C-section on Jan. 3rd. Well, things didnt go as planned. We had a New Year's Eve party here with my brother and his wife and my parents. Nothing big, just snacks and video games. Oh and the boys drank lots of beer. We made it to bed about 1:00. I had a few pains during the night, but kinda shrugged them off. I got up the next morning and did the dishes. By this time it was 8:30. I had a few contractions and just breathed through them. Again, shrugging them off. I made breakfast for my brother, his wife, Dallon and Rick. Again more contractions and ignoring them. Around 11:00 I took Dallon to my parents house to play in the snow. My contractions were about 20 minutes apart during the day. At 4:00, they were getting more painful and closer together. So, I decided to take Dallon home and not eat dinner. Thank god!!!! (6 hours between eating and surgery) I layed on the couch when we got home and Rick continued to watch me. Mind you, I have not told any one that I was having contractions really bad. Around 6:00, Rick informed me that they were about 8 minutes apart. And yes, they were very painful. I was still in denial as was gonna wait for my appointment on Wed. But, around 7:00, I called the hospital and they made me come in. I was dialated. My contractions were about 3 minutes apart and I was in pain. By 9:00, I was in surgery having Todd. What a wonderful New Years. Oh, by the way, I had the first baby of the year at the hospital and got a lot of nice gifts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment