Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What has been going on?

So, March has been an extremely busy month for my family. We started out by taking my dad to Coeur d'Alene to have back surgery. He had surgery on the 4th. Everything went very good, but they had to do more than what was anticipated. We spent four days in Coeur d'Alene. His hospital room only had one bed, so it was nice to relax in there and not worry about disturbing some one else. My brother and sister were there on Tuesday with my mom, the boys, and me. They went home though. So for 3 more days it was the boys, my mom and me occupying a hospital room and a hotel room. The boys didnt do too bad for being in cramped quarters for 4 days. But, on Wednesday night I took the boys to my friend Stephanie's house in Post Falls. She has a little boy that is 3 also. They played really good together. Thank you Steph for letting Dallon terrorize your house for the evening. I really enjoyed visiting with her and cant wait for their new baby to come. So anyways, on Friday we brought my dad home. It took 5 hours to get to Cottonwood, but we made it.

For the second week in March, the boys and I had to take care of my dad. He cant lift anything. He also cant walk very much and was in quite a bit of pain. So, we helped him out a lot. Dallon really enjoyed walking the hallway with grandpa and his walker. He kept my dad going. I dont really know if it helped, but they sure enjoyed it. By Thursday, he was doing a lot better and could do some more things on his own. He still cant lift anything, but we like helping him. Thursday night, I had to pick up Rick from the airport. It was really nice knowing that he was home to help. So on Friday, Dallon stayed home with Rick and Todd and I went to take care of Grandpa. I was very tired so I got to take a nap. I didnt have to worry about Dallon running around. Saturday morning I made a quick trip to Lewiston and then I came home and relaxed. Sunday I didnt even take my pjs off. So, for the past two weeks, my house work has been neglected. I am slowly getting it back together.

This week has been busy also. Could you expect anything different. Monday we went to Kamiah to visit with Rick's dad. He was only home for a week, so we took the boys down to see him. They was a lot of work going on in the shop and playing with baby lambs and driving the tractor. We didnt even get home until 11:30. Tuesday, I went to the doctor. I got a milk gland removed from my armpit. Lots of pain, but still truckin along. Today we went and got family pictures taken. It was a lot of fun and then should turn out really good. Tomorrow is John Deere Days in Nez Perce. So, of course, we have to take Dallon. I dont know that Todd will enjoy it that much, but he will get there. Friday, Rick has to got testify for court and I have to go to the dentist. Then, hopefully we will head to Dixie for a few days of relaxtion. I dont know if I know what that is.

No comments: